Wheel Horse Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:17 pm 

just recently changed over to a point saver ignition from kirk engines , very simple to install ( 3 wires ) and so worth it. starting is instant and the running is much smoother. replaced spark and new points, went over all wire contact points with dielectric grease. the spark difference is dramatic, now that its colder, 20,s that first start for plowing is just what you want in quick response. I like to continue to resto mod my 35 year old horse, as the genuine parts fade away there is always something to replace what's gone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:40 pm 

I almost did this on my last build, but decided not to. There has to be a limit on spending... especially for this poor guy. Now I kinda wish I had. I am considering a rebuild of this same project tractor, but not being a regular working tractor, I doubt I'll take the plunge this time either. BUT now that I know how well it works, who knows! :twisted:

Dale, mid-Michigan

C-101SS
C-Horse ( C-141 + Commando 800)
Kubota BX-2670

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:18 pm 

hello dale, thank you for the reply, I know exactly what you are talking about. having had to back off an idea change because of more important things going on. having changed and modified a number of things I don't have a priority list , but I do have a dream list. things I want to try, so far I have been getting things done as the opportunity comes up. as long as I am gaining on it , just improving things makes me happy. my tweaks to a 96042st01 blower also have my attention , I just like to what if ?, just about anything. good luck , you'll get it done. Pete

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:02 pm 

Hecks bells, I could have wrote that! My last project was upgrading the computers to try and cope with all the crap geeks think websites should have, in spite of how slow it makes them.

Made more than one modification to snowblowers, they can be improved upon! But then, most things can be.

Dale, mid-Michigan

C-101SS
C-Horse ( C-141 + Commando 800)
Kubota BX-2670