Wheel Horse Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hair Raising Experience
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:11 pm 

I have a dandy but I would like to hear yours just to keep the ball rolling here. Come on take a break from moving snow and tell us about it. :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:14 pm 

Come On Fess Up : Dont make me give you the gory details about my
800 special rolling over on my leg. Surely Im not the only one thats pulled a
STUNT with a horse. You see I Just thought I had an 800 Special when really I had a Bronco ! ! :?

Post subject: 855 story
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:50 am 

I had an expeirence loading an 855 when I moved to new location a few years back.
I went to load it on a friends makeshift tilt deck...it would not stay tilted so I could drive up on it, instead I laid down some 2x6's & drove up on those so the deck would drop & I could drive up...nope....as soon as front tires cleared the deck of trailer...it dropped in front fast....fast enough to throw the front of the tractor right over so I was doing the "DeadBug" with 855 on top....really!
I also brought a Pond Senior home recently & was not gave any driveing direction......was an eye opener when I found 3rd thinking I was in 1st.
I thought I was gonna go off the back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:33 pm 

That reminds me about the time I was changing a belt on an old Simplicity Broadmoor.The belt has a twist in it and of course I wasn't thinking about if I twisted the new belt the wrong way it would spin the drive pulley backwards...I got everything on and ready for a test drive..Put it in high get and let out the clutch WOW what a suprise when you go full speed backwards when you know your supposed to go forwards,LOL

Lucky that there was nothing behind me other than a couple wrenches

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:28 pm 

I got one too:

Like any good caretaker of his 'horse, I keep mine in my building. I have to move them out into the yard every time I want to tinker, but I can't bear the thought of not locking them up when I'm not right there with 'em!

Anyway, I usually start my tractor after checking the oil and let it warm up before going out. This particular time was with my 310-8. It has the clutch safety interlock on it, and some dork just threw his foot up on the clutch (bear in mind, I was standing beside it, not on the tractor), and fired her up. Now: Most people would check to make sure his daughter hadn't stuck the thing in third when he wasn't looking, but not me. I dumped the clutch, and stood by like a dork while the tractor reared up on both wheels and took out the front door to my building. I still have the black marks on the floor of my shop to this day.

You'd better believe I take the thing out of gear before starting it now...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:22 am 

Funny Story....Unloading a cheap never to be purchased again Husqvarna. As I was backing out of my pickup truck with the ramps in place the front of the mower deck caught on the front of the ramp. This of course caused the tractor to shift and left the tractor with two wheels on and two wheels off about 3 foot of the ground (with me on it at about a 35 degree angle). Any movement and I would have hit the gravel drive sideways with probably the tractor on at least my right leg.

I was suspended there for 2 hrs until the wife and kids got back home. I was pissed as it was hot. Not to mention my closest neighbor is a mile up the road and traffic on my dirt road comes once in a blue moon. Funny now but not so funny then.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:36 pm 

I was mowing a ladies lawn about ten years ago with my old Bronco Tractor. It was a REALLY steep hill to mow. I was going up the road and then driving down the hill. After a few times I thought I could get more done if I just ran the tractor up the HILL mowing twice as much!!! Well I made about four or five trips up the hill and all I remember was seeing the front wheels come off the ground..... :shock: The next thing I knew the tractor was on top of me running up side down wide open like a HELICOPTER :roll: I got the tractor off of me and got it shut off before it chewed a hole in my leg. I stood up thinking that could be the dumbest thing I have ever done....Then I saw a huge puddle of Blood. I had to get twenty stitches in my left leg.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 pm 

HELLO, WHEN I WAS 13 YEARS OLD WE HAD 857 WHEEL HORSE. I WAS POPPING WHEELIES IN THE GARAGE AND FOOT SLIP OFF THE CLUTCH. I HIT ALL THE STORM WINDOWS IN THE BACK OF THE GARAGE. I BROKE 19 OUT 23. I TOLD MY DAD MY FOOT SLIP OFF THE CLUTCH, HE DIDN'T BELEIVE ME. BOY MY FATHER WAS PROUD OF ME THAT DAY. BOWITIE IN IHIO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:46 am 

BOWTIE wrote:
HELLO, WHEN I WAS 13 YEARS OLD WE HAD 857 WHEEL HORSE. I WAS POPPING WHEELIES IN THE GARAGE AND FOOT SLIP OFF THE CLUTCH. I HIT ALL THE STORM WINDOWS IN THE BACK OF THE GARAGE. I BROKE 19 OUT 23. I TOLD MY DAD MY FOOT SLIP OFF THE CLUTCH, HE DIDN'T BELEIVE ME. BOY MY FATHER WAS PROUD OF ME THAT DAY. BOWITIE IN IHIO

That is a great story Bowtie.Somehow you got some credit from your dad... :lol: