Wheel Horse Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:08 am 

Whats the best grease that should be used for the blade spindles? And would a marine grease be acceptable :?: Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:52 pm 

hello max, I have found the royal purple grease to be the best in brutal conditions. its pricy ,but you will notice a smoothness and probably a speed increase in your deck, also grease the pto spindle bearing. you must move the pto outer frame to pull off the outer disc. bearing is right there. the grease is RoYAL PURPLE ULTRA PERFORMANCE GREASE, I have used this stuff for years . used it as a millwright never had a bearing failure with it. anything else just ask , pete

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 pm 

hello max, I never did reply to your marine grease question in my reply, marine grease would be ok because its made for humid/water conditions wich is what the bottom of your deck is regularly dealing with. I recently rebuilt all my spindles after 31 years, packed all the bearings with royal purple, wonderfull new deck sound. the deck is sleeping now with LUBRIPLATE CHAIN AND CABLE FLUID all over the bottom side. after scraping off the dried grass , sharpen blades, grease spindles and spray underside of deck, leave it upside down over winter so oil can soak and kill off the grunge. my deck is original and is solid and no rust. I dropped my deck 3 times this season to scrape and oil down,this is what makes your deck live. after more than 30 years my horse gets anything thing it needs, and that is practicly nothing. got a question? let me know , pete