All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mower deck year /model
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:23 am 

hello
, looking for mower deck year, model 05-42 MR02-36879 LOWER # 9166

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP ON THIS , PETE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:02 am 

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/fi ... ipl-snpdf/

The 9166 Julian build date does not look correct. Should be 3166 or 4166 for a 1984 model.

Garry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:39 pm 

thank you Garry for the reply. just did a recheck on the deck # tag it was 9166. just knowing it may be a 84 build year helps me out. picked up two 42 ' r/d decks one is good one is for parts. one of the spindles is noisy, so a swap is due. my spare parts deck spindles are smaller and not worth a swap. than you again for the info, pete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:08 am 

spindle bearings at local bearing distributor p/n 6203-2RS, $ 7.25 each, local gouging price 40$ each ! . picked up a 6 pack of bearings , rebuilt all three spindles, used royal purple grease . installed Kevlar belts . this salvaged deck is so smooth its , amazing. also got new Oregon blades. used 680 wt. heavy gear spray to recover underside of deck. scrape down, chain spray oil soak , leave in sunshine upside down , deck gets hot, dries out, sucks in oil, kills off rot and grunge. I do this at least two , 2 times a cutting season. guess what ? , no deck rot. also clean and resoak deck after cutting season, leave upside down over winter to soak in oil. keeping my horse alive.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:32 pm 

Your deck is so smooth because you installed new blades and they come balanced. To keep them that way get yourself a pilot bearing sold for woodworking router bits. You can get one with a 3/4" OD to fit the blade hole. Mount the bearing on the wall and hang the blade on it. They have a very light lubricant so are very sensitive resulting in an accurate balance. The reason for that is the blade is centered on the pivot point. Far better than hanging the blade on a nail where a good portion of the blade weight acts like a pendulum masking much of the out of balance condition.

Garry