Wheel Horse Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:18 am 

Hi , I need a photo of some wiring on a 314-8 (1993 model year), but any year should work. Just bought the tractor, battery needed replaced, was leaking acid which ate away parts of the wiring plastic connectors. Wiring is good but I had disconnected the connectors from some switches on the right side of tractor, just to the right of the battery. They connect to two (2) black switches that are stacked atop each other, wires plug into terminals on the end and on the side.

I just need a nice closeup photo of the wires plug into these switches so I can see the colors of the wires and I will then no where they go. Thanks and email to wyominggun at frontiernet.net
thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:10 pm 

You can download the owner manual that includes the wiring diagram from
https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm
Enter your 73400 model number and select "Riding Mowers" for the product type. Next page scroll down till you get to 1993. There are other manuals there also that are a free download.

With the pto OFF one switch has a set of contacts that are connected (switch closed) - this is where the Purple and Tan wires go. The other switch has a set of contacts that are disconnected (switch open) - that is where the Orange and Dark Blue wires go.

With the pto ON the Purple and Tan wires are disconnected (switch open) and the Orange and Dark Blue wires are connected (switch closed).

Got a camera but no matching tractor to use it on.

Garry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:20 pm 

Does not really show anything that will help me. here are some pics, someone take the time to please take a pic of their tractor and email me the photo to wyominggun @ frontiernet.net

also let me know where the 15 amp fue and the 25 amp fuse go, which one to the front and rear of tractor. thanks
rick

Attachments:
Picture 315.jpg
Picture 315.jpg [ 88.58 KiB | Viewed 568 times ]
Picture 314.jpg
Picture 314.jpg [ 129.8 KiB | Viewed 568 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:10 pm 

i think I figured it out, they were the wires for the PTo switches, and I did find them on the doownloaded schematic.